Friday, November 15, 2013

Bend it like...

Don't say it, don't say it...

Beckham!!!!
(Goddammit)

So after making my thumb look like my wiener  hanging out of my pants with some of the most scenic landscapes this country has to offer as the back drop, we continued west. 

(We're in Mormon country, act appropriately)

We had to stop back by the Bay to register our "Love Tub" and party with friends, so we took to the coast. 

(Roadside camping in Big Sur. Notice the blown out tire, turns out trailer tires rated for 55 mph means you shouldn't drive faster than 55 mph, who knew?)

(Casita Styling by the Pacific)

(You can't just swing through Santa Cruz in September and not shred some "hero dirt, pretty sure there's laws against it. There's also laws against riding illegal trails but clearly this Radish picks and chooses where and when to abide by The Man's rules. What can I say, I'm a rebel, sometimes.)

(Picked up a few more bikes. Just like drunk girls at a party and dollar bill$ in my wallet, the more the merrier.)

After the Bay Area pit stop, we were back on the road, our next destination? WWOOFing on a farm in Bend, OR. What's WWOOFing you ask? Well I'll tell ya. It stands for World Wide Oppertunites  on Organic Farms. Basically, you work a few hours everyday in return for a free place to camp and all the veggies you can harvest, plus some fresh meat (i.e. bacon!)



(Every route we take is the scenic route)

(Hehe)

(The Farm!)

(My mornings)

Oregon is rad, that's will be come more obvious as we continue on our quest. While roaming around some BLM land on my Black Market Roam I stumbled upon the Deschutes River. 

(Upon this epic discovery, I immediately took an unflattering selfie. I'm sure Lewis and Clark would have done the same if the technology was available)

(Found this mint bike sculptor while riding at Phil's Complex in Bend)

So Oregon rains way more than California. After slipping and sloshing through mud for about ten miles  in 40 degree weather I was in need of a beer and a burrito. Longboard Louie's has got'em both. 

(Epic skinny wheeled gravel grinding too)

Did I mention this Radish is now an Enduro Racing Radish? Yup, I signed up to destroy all the competition for the legendary Ashland Super D. 

(Pre 16 mile downhill shuttle run)

(Pedaling uphill is for suckers)

(Sick trails and worn grips)

(Race practice)

("I asked for a 13 but he drew a 31")

(Post shuttle run, we crushed it)

So this Oregonian Adventure is simply too rad for one post, also I'm trying to (and failing miserably at) posting more often, so I'll finish this tale later. Stay tuned to see just how hard I crushed it at the Ashland Super D and be prepared for some next level traveling rawness.

-The Rad Roaming Radish




No comments:

Post a Comment